Skip to main content

Veterans Benefits Resources


Veterans Verification Office

Contact: Kellie Crowley, VA Certifying Official
Phone: 435-797-7886
Fax: 435-797-9752
Office: TSC 314
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8-5

Credit for Military Service and Training

In accordance with 2013 HB 254, a veteran or service member is required to meet with an assigned academic advisor in order to receive credit for military service and training.

To have courses from the Military evaluated for acceptance fill out the Military Credit Evaluation Form. Learn more about transferring your credits on USU Registrar's site.

VA Work Study

You may be able to obtain a work-study position if you are receiving VA education benefits and attending USU at least three-quarter time. The actual positions depend on availability. Currently, some students are receiving their work-study at the Veterans Resource Office. If you are interested, click here for more information or contact USU Veterans Resource Office.

Federal Benefits (GI Bill/VA Benefits)

The education benefits administered by the department of Veterans Affairs include the following. Click on each link to find out more information. You may also ask questions at the USU Veterans Verification Office.

(If any of the links are broken, go to the main page for VA benefits at

The VA also provides tutorial assistance to veterans who are receiving at least half-time VA educational assistance. If you are interested, contact the Veterans Verification Office. Note that your tutor must be provided or approved by the USU Academic Resource Center.

State Benefits

The State of Utah offers a variety of benefits specifically for Utah veterans. Many of the benefits are for disabled veterans. Listed below are examples of the benefits listed as of August 2009.

Please visit the Utah Department of veteran's web site for detailed and the most current information. (